Kindred at Home cares deeply about our veterans, and we’re honored to give them the care they deserve. But many veterans, their spouses and their families aren’t aware of all the ways we can help.
We’re not only the largest national provider of home health and hospice care in the country, but also one of the largest providers of personal home care and community care. And best of all, we’re a proud contracted provider for the VA Community Care Network.
That means we’re uniquely qualified to provide the care that veterans and their families are entitled to:
- Professional home care assistance and community care
- Skilled home health care
- Hospice care
Personal home care assistance and community care for veterans
Kindred at Home gives veterans access to high-quality, patient-centered caregiving services. When it comes to personal home care assistance, our evidence-based care helps veterans take an active role in their journeys toward more independence.
Our caregivers are fully vetted and known for their expertise and professionalism:
- State licensed, bonded and insured
- Fingerprint background checked
- Tuberculosis tested
- Trained and experienced
- Employees of Kindred at Home, not independent contractors
- Covered by workers’ compensation
- Infection safety screened prior to each shift
- Wear masks and gloves during care
- Follow infection safety protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Kindred at Home professional caregivers not only have a deep understanding of how to care for veterans; they also have a deep understanding of how to connect with veterans. We appreciate the unique lives our nation’s heroes have lived, and we approach them with respectful inquiry, compassionate listening and grateful acknowledgement. In some cases, we use local volunteers who have served in the military to help make an even deeper connection with veterans in our care.
While personal home care is often paid for by private insurance, some patients may qualify for in-home community care covered by Medicaid or other government-financed or veterans programs. If your patients have questions about costs or qualifications, nurses are available 24/7 at 1-866-CARE-KAH (1-866-227-3524).
Skilled home health care for veterans
For vets who are having difficulty managing a chronic condition or are coming home from the hospital after an injury or a surgery, Kindred at Home can provide skilled care in the comfort and privacy of their residence.
Our highly skilled, specially trained clinicians commonly treat veterans for:
- Heart and lung conditions
- Wound management
- Balance and fall risks
- Post-operative orthopedic care
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s and dementia
Hospice care for veterans
When it comes to hospice, Kindred at Home offers compassionate care and extraordinary service. We focus on providing comfort and support for patients and their families so they can make the most of the time they have left.
Many Kindred at Home locations are proud participants in the We Honor Veterans program, which adds an extra layer of support for veterans who have chosen hospice. Pioneered by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs, this program offers:
- A focused admissions process for veterans
- A care team that identifies and meets the unique needs of veterans and their families, such as insurance coverage and veterans benefits
- A customized plan of care that is veteran- and family-centered
- Service recognition with special ceremonies
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program opportunities
- Efforts to replace lost medals and awards
- Emotional support and bereavement counseling
We make it easy for veterans to get the care they need
We know that securing home care during a difficult time can be overwhelming for veterans and their families. But Kindred at Home makes it easy to get the care they need.
That’s why we’re happy to provide a 24/7 customer service line that can answer questions, check on insurance coverage or discuss special requests your patients may have.
Kindred at Home is here for veterans and their families when they need it most.
Talk to a local representative
Are you a healthcare professional with questions? We can help. Let us know a convenient time to contact you, and one of our local Kindred at Home representatives will call you directly.